2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
Last year was a special year: the Covid-19 pandemic has affected everyone's lives, habits and practices; ways and places of work have changed. EUniverCities has also adapted to the new context: how has the network been reorganized?
No more face-to-face meetings: the first meeting to be cancelled was the one scheduled in Parma for last spring, thus we decided to make it online. While waiting to meet again face-to-face, we will keep all meetings online.
Development of #EUniverCitiesTalks webinars: nevertheless, we continued to discuss online and we explored some topics related to the pandemic issue (“Maintaining a cultural offer in times of social distancing .... a challenge for City & University” and “Welcoming days and international student mobility in times of COVID-19”).
Renewal and improvement of the website: thanks to the contributions from all the partners, we have published the new website, renewed in style and updated in content, making it more usable and functional: a sort of virtual square where all partners, every week, can share examples of good practices of cooperation between Cities and Universities.
All the documents from the old site were moved to a shared Teams platfom.
Furthermore, we have created the Instagram page (@eunivercitiesnetwork) to share news, ideas and experiences in a more rapid and widespread way, with more immediate and visual language.
The Lausanne process: the Lausanne meeting of November soon turn out to be a Lausanne process: a series of online workshops with the aim to create a handbook for city-university partnership, with concrete recommendations and tips for practitioners, written by the EUniverCities network.
The Lausanne process started in November and it will end in February 2021.The first workshops saw the participations of 70 and 60 between coordinators and experts from the whole Network, a sort of record for our meetings.
Coordinators meetings: in recent months we have organized four coordinators meetings online, with the aim of staying in touch and sharing the progress of activities, physically distant but in steady collaboration.
Thanks to everyone for their contributions and for sharing experiences and ideas: this is a particularly heartfelt thanks for the commitment and willingness to stay in touch, even if at a distance, in a difficult time like this one.
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 19/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1