3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
The third online workshop of the Lausanne Process will focus on student involvement in city-university collaboration.
The meeting will be held on Monday, February 22, 2021, at 11.00 AM – 13.00 AM (CET).
Our next EUniverCities workshop (for the handbook) will be about “student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach”.
In the plenary part, we will focus on a recent example from Linköping University. In collaboration with other universities in Europe, they developed a structural approach and method to have students work on urban/societal challenges: for a snapshot see https://www.eciu.org/for-business-society#challenges
We will hear from them how they set up and run the programmes, both at the strategy and operational levels, and what lessons they have for all of us.
Then, we split in smaller parallel working groups. There, we will share more examples of how city and university can work together and engage students in it. For this, we ask city/university tandems to pitch other good practices, and discuss their success factors, pitfalls and lessons learned.
The outcomes of the workshop will be used as input for the EUniverCities Handbook for City-University collaboration.
11h00 Introduction + explanation of the workshop
(Marc de Perrot – UNIL and Willem van Winden – EUniverCities expert)
11h10 Linköping: presentation about challenge-based education in Linkoping
(Jan Axelsson – University of Linköping)
( moderated by Willem van Winden)
11h45 Pitches & discussion in 3 small groups
Group 1. Norrköping Case - Pitch by Jörgen Jonsson
Group 2. The Malaga Case - Pitch by José Jesús Delgado Peña
Group 3. The Parma Case - Pitch by Francesco Sulla
12h50 Plenary closing, each group (represented by the moderator) brings 2 lessons
13h00 Goodbye and thank you
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 26/07/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1