Ambassadors of Legality
Human rights, legality and Constitutional rights, equal opportunities, domestic violence, international migrations, drugs, safety, safeguard of the cultural heritage, assisted insemination, cyberbullying, criminal implications for minors. These are few of the societal, ethical or civic issues that the Ambassadors of Legality of the University of Parma have discussed with the younger students of the city, in order to create future responsible citizens with a greater awareness on societal issues.
The project is just named “Ambassadors of Legality” and it aims to train students of the Department of Law, Politics and International Studies of the University of Parma to act as promoters of the values of legality and active citizenship, through a series of seminars dedicated to secondary school students in Parma. Before becoming “ambassadors”, the students are required to attend two compulsory training days, consisting of two specific seminars on ethics and legality in administration processes and institutions; then, a specific topic is assigned to every ambassador, in order to be presented during the scheduled meeting, with the tutoring of a specialist (professor, doctor, lawyer, policeman, etc.).
The project achieves several outcomes: first of all, it’s an example of Service-Learning aimed at the improvement of knowledge of social, civic, ethical and legal issues through an interactive and interdisciplinary approach, while overcoming the traditional frontal lecture; second of all, it promotes the culture of legality and active citizenship; thirdly the project creates a tighter bond between university and local community and stakeholders like secondary schools or associations and institutions operating in the social and legal areas and then, thanks to a peer-to-peer approach, it gives mutual benefits to both university and secondary school students.
The project was born in 2018 and it was presented in early 2019; “Ambassadors of Legality” has received the official support from the Municipality of Parma and involved about 13 students and 15 professors of the Department of Law, Politics and International Studies, as well as a group of about 10 experts for each of the topics addressed. One of the latest output of the project is “The Copybooks of Legality”, published few weeks ago, where you can read about what happened in some of those meetings.
The presentation was attended by the Rector Paolo Andrei, the Pro-Rector for Education and Student Services Sara Rainieri, the Councillor of the City of Parma with responsibility for the Welfare of University Students Leonardo Spadi, the Rector's Delegate for Orientation Chiara Vernizzi, the Rector's Delegate for Anti-Corruption and Transparency and editor of the book Monica Cocconi and the editor of the book Giacomo Degli Antoni. A message was also read by the Vice President of the CUG - Comitato Unico di Garanzia, Veronica Valenti.
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.