Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
Universität Innsbruck, in cooperation with the Luxembourg Honorary Consul for Tyrol and Vorarlberg, is pleased to welcome the Foreign Minister of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Jean Asselborn, for a lecture and panel discussion entitled "Perspectives for Europe!".
(Credit: SIP / Yves Kortum)
"Unity in Diversity", the motto of the European Union, is facing great challenges: Brexit, the upheavals in Afghanistan or the Corona pandemic are only three highlights that raise numerous questions with regard to the future development of the continent. The Foreign Minister of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Jean Asselborn, will explore these and other aspects in his lecture and subsequent panel discussion entitled "Perspectives for Europe!".
The event is part of the Aurora European Universities Alliance lecture series "Cultural Encounters and Conflicts: Doing Diversity in Higher Education" and is organized in cooperation with the research focus area "Cultural Encounters - Cultural Conflicts" and the research center "Conceptions of Europe".
Date and time: Wednesday, 20.10.2021, 12:30 - 13:30
Location: Aula, Main building of Universität Innsbruck, Innrain 52
Format: Physical event with livestream and recording
|12:30 - 12:45||
Opening and welcome address
Tilmann Märk, Rector, Universität Innsbruck
Sabine Saint-Rose, Programme Director, Aurora European Universities Alliance, Amsterdam
Armand Hausmann, Honorary Consul of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Innsbruck
Perspectives for Europe!
Impulse Statement from SE MAE Jean Asselborn, Minister for Foreign and European Affairs and Minister for Immigration and Asylum, Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
followed by a discussion with Silke Meyer, Professor of European Ethnology, and Dirk Rupnow, Professor of Contemporary History and Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and History, as well as student participation.
If you would like to attend the event, please register via the link below no later than Friday, 10/15/2021. Due to applicable Covid regulations, only a limited number of people can be admitted and tickets will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis:
No registration is necessary for virtual participation. You can follow the event via the following Youtube link:
If you have registered to attend an event in person and are ultimately unable to take part in it, please notify the Aurora Office in a timely manner and return the purchased tickets to allow others to attend.
The event will be organised as a Green Event.
- 26/09/2022 - Lausanne, the first city in Switzerland to join the UNESCO network of learning cities
- 19/09/2022 - EUniverCities Innsbruck meeting: Tackling “Urban Sustainable Development”
- 12/09/2022 - Looking at our city through different eyes: students working with the city of Ghent
- 07/09/2022 - Engaging with local communities: University of Exeter establishes a new Community Panel
- 25/07/2022 - University of Málaga runs a new vocational course for students with special needs
- 18/07/2022 - West University of Timisoara kicks off a new project
- 13/07/2022 - The University of Málaga loans the City of Málaga a building for the Philharmonic Orchestra
- 04/07/2022 - Parma in the Mission 100 climate-neutral and smart cities
- 29/06/2022 - Staying on in Magdeburg after graduation
- 17/06/2022 - The EUniverCities Network meets in Exeter to discuss collaborative approaches to arts and culture
- 06/06/2022 - CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
- 25/05/2022 - UMCS Lublin takes action to help Ukrainian refugees – and other updates from Lublin
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim