Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
Universität Innsbruck, in cooperation with the Luxembourg Honorary Consul for Tyrol and Vorarlberg, is pleased to welcome the Foreign Minister of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Jean Asselborn, for a lecture and panel discussion entitled "Perspectives for Europe!".
(Credit: SIP / Yves Kortum)
"Unity in Diversity", the motto of the European Union, is facing great challenges: Brexit, the upheavals in Afghanistan or the Corona pandemic are only three highlights that raise numerous questions with regard to the future development of the continent. The Foreign Minister of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Jean Asselborn, will explore these and other aspects in his lecture and subsequent panel discussion entitled "Perspectives for Europe!".
The event is part of the Aurora European Universities Alliance lecture series "Cultural Encounters and Conflicts: Doing Diversity in Higher Education" and is organized in cooperation with the research focus area "Cultural Encounters - Cultural Conflicts" and the research center "Conceptions of Europe".
Date and time: Wednesday, 20.10.2021, 12:30 - 13:30
Location: Aula, Main building of Universität Innsbruck, Innrain 52
Format: Physical event with livestream and recording
|12:30 - 12:45||
Opening and welcome address
Tilmann Märk, Rector, Universität Innsbruck
Sabine Saint-Rose, Programme Director, Aurora European Universities Alliance, Amsterdam
Armand Hausmann, Honorary Consul of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Innsbruck
Perspectives for Europe!
Impulse Statement from SE MAE Jean Asselborn, Minister for Foreign and European Affairs and Minister for Immigration and Asylum, Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
followed by a discussion with Silke Meyer, Professor of European Ethnology, and Dirk Rupnow, Professor of Contemporary History and Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and History, as well as student participation.
If you would like to attend the event, please register via the link below no later than Friday, 10/15/2021. Due to applicable Covid regulations, only a limited number of people can be admitted and tickets will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis:
No registration is necessary for virtual participation. You can follow the event via the following Youtube link:
If you have registered to attend an event in person and are ultimately unable to take part in it, please notify the Aurora Office in a timely manner and return the purchased tickets to allow others to attend.
The event will be organised as a Green Event.
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 13/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born