Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
2007, in order to strengthen its links with its university and polytechnic, the City of Lausanne set up the award “Prix de la Ville de Lausanne”. This award is given to a student or doctoral student who aims to reward an innovative research work (from any discipline) on the city of Lausanne and which is of particular interest for the development, functioning or history of Lausanne. This distinction is important because it symbolises the strong relationship that exists between the city and the university, which continues to grow stronger: scientific expertise is essential to the city and the city is a fantastic field for researchers.
The “Prix de la Ville de Lausanne” was awarded in 2021, during the UNIL “Dies academicus” online ceremony , to Caleb Abraham, for his master’s thesis in humanities who made it possible to trace the history of the “Academic Library of Lausanne” in the 16th century, and thus to shed light on the history of Lausanne itself, which was a key place for Protestantism at the time. Until now, the books that belonged to this library were scattered among various collections of the current Cantonal and University Library (BCU) and there was nothing in the current catalogue to indicate that they belonged to the original core of the Academic Library.
Caleb Abraham has succeeded, thanks to an extraordinary work of patience and precision, by physically observing one by one all the printed volumes of the BCU's precious collections dating from before 1601, in finding the handwritten ex-libris and other marks indicating the membership of the Academic Library, and in making a catalogue of them which includes 578 volumes in five languages (Latin, Greek, Hebrew, French and Syriac).
Just as a private library reflects the interests of its owner, this 16th century Academic Library reflects the interests and schools of thought of the professors of the time: the catalogue shows what they read, not only in theology, but also in history, classical literature, philosophy or law. By observing the composition of the Library, Caleb Abraham has shed light on a part of the intellectual history of the Academic Library of Lausanne in the 16th century, a renowned and pioneering trilingual institution (Latin, Greek and Hebrew) in Europe that combined pedagogy and humanistic philology with the emerging Protestant scholarship.
- 29/06/2022 - Staying on in Magdeburg after graduation
- 17/06/2022 - The EUniverCities Network meets in Exeter to discuss collaborative approaches to arts and culture
- 06/06/2022 - CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
- 25/05/2022 - UMCS Lublin takes action to help Ukrainian refugees – and other updates from Lublin
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality