CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
The Communities and Students Together project is an Erasmus+ funded venture which brings together a number of our EUniverCities partner universities past and present (University of Exeter, Ghent University, University of Málaga, Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg, University of Parma and University of Turku).
The project focuses on how universities can work more effectively and more inclusively within their city communities by providing students with opportunities to work on local societal challenges. In particular, the CaST project aims to advance our knowledge and understanding of engaged learning and to develop and pilot a programme in each partner university which enables community-based engaged learning and/or research for students to work on real-world societal challenges and co-produce knowledge with and for the community.
The CaST project has now delivered its third major output, a pilot synthesis report entitled Communities and Students Together (CaST): Piloting New Approaches to Engaged Learning in Europe. The volume is edited by Lindsey Anderson of the University of Exeter, and includes a number of detailed case studies on the Engaged Learning projects piloted by each of the partners, as well as conclusions and reflections for further work in this area. The new publication complements the project’s earlier outputs: a State-of-the-Art Review of Engaged Learning in the partner countries, and Engaged Learning in Europe, a compendium of case studies.
Contact Lindsey Anderson for further information: L.J.Anderson@exeter.ac.uk
- 26/09/2022 - Lausanne, the first city in Switzerland to join the UNESCO network of learning cities
- 19/09/2022 - EUniverCities Innsbruck meeting: Tackling “Urban Sustainable Development”
- 12/09/2022 - Looking at our city through different eyes: students working with the city of Ghent
- 07/09/2022 - Engaging with local communities: University of Exeter establishes a new Community Panel
- 25/07/2022 - University of Málaga runs a new vocational course for students with special needs
- 18/07/2022 - West University of Timisoara kicks off a new project
- 13/07/2022 - The University of Málaga loans the City of Málaga a building for the Philharmonic Orchestra
- 04/07/2022 - Parma in the Mission 100 climate-neutral and smart cities
- 29/06/2022 - Staying on in Magdeburg after graduation
- 17/06/2022 - The EUniverCities Network meets in Exeter to discuss collaborative approaches to arts and culture
- 06/06/2022 - CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
- 25/05/2022 - UMCS Lublin takes action to help Ukrainian refugees – and other updates from Lublin
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim