Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
The Design! exhibition opens!
The exhibition Design! Objects, processes, experiences opens today, February 3rd, 2021 on the occasion of Parma Italian Capital of Culture 2020 + 21.
The exhibition is produced by the CSAC - Study Centre and Communication Archive of the University of Parma with the support of the Municipality of Parma and the Emilia-Romagna Region, in the context of Parma Italian Capital of Culture 2020 + 21 and in collaboration with GIA - Parma Artisan Business Group.
The exhibition, which should have been inaugurated last November, will open at the same time in two locations, the Abbey of Valserena and Palazzo Pigorini in Parma ( owned by the Municipality), from Wednesday to Friday (except for public holidays) with modalities of limited access in compliance with anti-Covid measures.
The first section, set up inside the Valserena Abbey, home of the CSAC, includes drawings, prototypes and objects by well-known Italian designers such as Archizoom Associati, Mario Bellini, Cini Boeri, Achille and Piergiacomo Castiglioni, Enzo Mari, Alessandro Mendini, Roberto Menghi, Bruno Munari, Alberto Rosselli, Roberto Sambonet, Ettore Sottsass jr. This section also includes the video produced by the Monte Olimpino Studio on the Castiglioni brothers, the videos produced in the 1980s by Metamorphosy and Magazzini Criminali in collaboration with Alessandro Mendini and the Muse Factory of Projects film curated by Francesca Molteni, which offers a further reading on the lesson of Italian designers and the power of the archive.
The second section at Palazzo Pigorini, entitled Bodies and processes, co-curated by Valentina Rossi, presents the results of the first phase of the Storie di fili project, conducted by CSAC in partnership with the Museum System of the University of Parma, Cooperativa Eidè, Foundation Glauco Lombardi Museum and with the contribution of the Cariparma Foundation. Three new sculpture dresses by the artist Sissi, designed through a process of comparison with the CSAC heritage (in particular with the figures of Cinzia Ruggeri, Krizia and Brunetta, present in the exhibition) and made with the local companies Equipage Srl, Maglificio Nuova Ester and Parmamoda Srl, will dialogue with the costumes made by Sartoria Farani, also kept at the CSAC, giving rise to a reflection on the body, on the dress and on its creative and tailoring process.
Debating the European Peace and its challenges
The 2nd edition of the Jean Monnet module "B4Peace: the challenges to European peace” about to start at the University of Parma.
Last year, the University of Parma received funding from the European Commission to set up a course on the broad concept of peace, which is declined both on the internal side (the development and evolution of the welfare state in Europe) and on the international side (the promotion of peace and democracy by the European Union).
The course B4Peace: the challenges to European peace has been included as an optional course in the Political Science programme and involves about 100 students every year. B4Peace is an innovative and multidisciplinary course, featuring economists, sociologists, law experts and political scientists from the University of Parma and other Italian universities (Trento, Turin, Catholic University and Milan “Statale”). Thanks to its original contents and innovative teaching methodologies, the course represents a unique opportunity to discuss with experts from different fields on highly topical issues (such as conflicts, migration, human rights, cohesion policies).
The first class is scheduled for February 4th, 2021.
For more information, check out the project website: http://www.b4peace.unipr.it .
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 19/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1