EUniverCities Innsbruck meeting: Tackling “Urban Sustainable Development”
From 15 to 17 November 2022, Innsbruck will host the next EUniverCities network meeting. The three-day event tackles the issue of “Urban Sustainable Development” through the lens of city-university cooperation and will, apart from showcasing local best practices, stimulate discussions on challenges and opportunities in different topical clusters of urban sustainable development.
Contributing to the achievement of the SDGs is an integral part of the EUniverCities network's ambition. The UniverCity's influence on sustainable urban development is manifold and the Innsbruck meeting will particularly focus on the topical clusters of Clean Energy, Sustainable Housing & Communities, Sustainable Mobility & Transportation and Urban Planning.
Through the lens of city-university cooperation and projects from both Innsbruck and the network partners, we will identify and discuss opportunities, challenges, risks and rewards linked to the topic of the meeting. By learning from and with each other, the meeting aims at an increased understanding of how to better structure and develop city-university collaboration in the field of sustainable urban development. A keynote input by Verena Ringler, Director of the Innsbruck-based NGO European Commons & non-profit AGORA European Green Deal, will kick off a programme that includes a mix of plenary formats, workshops, site visits and the traditional marketplace session.
The meeting aims particularly at the following target groups: Sustainability Coordinators within universities and cities; academics, experts and political representatives within the topical clusters; members of university Technology Transfer Offices (TTOs) and municipal funding services; as well as students active in sustainability initiatives at their universities.
If you are from one of the network's member tandem and are interested in participating, please consult your local network coordinator for all further details.
- 23/01/2023 - Lausanne announces Interact projects for 2023
- 17/01/2023 - Comon: Ghent's urban living lab
- 11/01/2023 - A student's experience of the EUniverCities meeting on sustainable urban development in Innsbruck
- 14/12/2022 - Exeter City consults the university community on its development plans
- 07/12/2022 - Researching and designing memory
- 23/11/2022 - City and university in tandem on the road to sustainability
- 18/11/2022 - Labour market changes and midlife workers in focus at West University of Timisoara
- 07/11/2022 - "Knowledge Bites": the research of the University of Parma meets the city
- 24/10/2022 - The University of Magdeburg becomes a "European University"
- 12/10/2022 - News from UMCS and the City of Lublin
- 03/10/2022 - Linköping University's "Pillow Project" recycling initiative is a hit
- 26/09/2022 - Lausanne, the first city in Switzerland to join the UNESCO network of learning cities
- 19/09/2022 - EUniverCities Innsbruck meeting: Tackling “Urban Sustainable Development”
- 12/09/2022 - Looking at our city through different eyes: students working with the city of Ghent
- 07/09/2022 - Engaging with local communities: University of Exeter establishes a new Community Panel
- 25/07/2022 - University of Málaga runs a new vocational course for students with special needs
- 18/07/2022 - West University of Timisoara kicks off a new project
- 13/07/2022 - The University of Málaga loans the City of Málaga a building for the Philharmonic Orchestra
- 04/07/2022 - Parma in the Mission 100 climate-neutral and smart cities
- 29/06/2022 - Staying on in Magdeburg after graduation
- 17/06/2022 - The EUniverCities Network meets in Exeter to discuss collaborative approaches to arts and culture
- 06/06/2022 - CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
- 25/05/2022 - UMCS Lublin takes action to help Ukrainian refugees – and other updates from Lublin
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur