Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
Considering the development of COVID-19 in Europe and the possible restrictions and quarantines that could be activated, the Secretariat with the City and the University of Lausanne have decided to hold the Lausanne meeting online.
It is the best solution to ensure that everyone is able to participate and perhaps involve colleagues who often have difficulty moving to other countries.
The meeting is organized into a series of online workshops, starting in November and ending in February.
Lausanne has accumulated experiences for collaborations in several key themes and areas of interest for the network by following the Flower model which shapes the EUniverCities network strategy 2020-2022, linked with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The topics are particularly related to Urban Planning, Culture, Society and Sustainability. Furthermore, Lausanne believes that it can benefit from the experience of other members of the network who have developed know-how in complementary fields, where its maturity still needs to be developed. This is probably valid for each member of the network.
The workshops will further develop the Vademecum that has been drafted from Lausanne tandem on the basis of its own experience. The proposed approach aims to make use of the experiences of all network members in the various fields and models of collaboration for which they have developed specific know-how.
In order for the outcome of the meeting to be concrete and useful, the objective is to release a EUniverCities handbook which can be used by all members of the network. This handbook will set out in a concrete and pragmatic way the result of eight years of active exchanges, made possible by the creation of the network.
Lausanne online meeting - Final Program
The first day of the meeting we will have a Welcoming Reception by Lausanne, with the kind participation of Nouria Hernandez, Rector of the University of Lausanne and Jean-Yves Pidoux, Vice-mayor of the City of Lausanne.
The following day we will start the ral work, with three parallel worshops adressing the topic: How city & university can address societal challenges.
Our cities and societies are confronted with many challenges, in a variety of fields such as sustainability, safety, food provision, demographic change etc. Increasingly, we see that universities position themselves as active partner to address/tackle such challenges. They develop all sorts of research, education and innovation programmes, together with the city and other external stakeholders. New types of partnerships emerge.
Such collaborations raise a lot of questions and challenges, such as:
-How to translate the societal challenges into education/research/innovation projects?
-What type of organisations must be developed to facilitate such city-university collaboration?
-How to finance this?
-How to make it sustainable?
-Which partners must be involved, and who does what?
-What are good results/outcomes from the perspective of the university and that of the city/other stakeholders?
and many more….
The workshops will explore this phenomenon more in depth, and it will be a basis for the handbook on city-university collaboration.
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 26/07/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1