Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
Considering the development of COVID-19 in Europe and the possible restrictions and quarantines that could be activated, the Secretariat with the City and the University of Lausanne have decided to hold the Lausanne meeting online.
It is the best solution to ensure that everyone is able to participate and perhaps involve colleagues who often have difficulty moving to other countries.
The meeting is organized into a series of online workshops, starting in November and ending in February.
Lausanne has accumulated experiences for collaborations in several key themes and areas of interest for the network by following the Flower model which shapes the EUniverCities network strategy 2020-2022, linked with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The topics are particularly related to Urban Planning, Culture, Society and Sustainability. Furthermore, Lausanne believes that it can benefit from the experience of other members of the network who have developed know-how in complementary fields, where its maturity still needs to be developed. This is probably valid for each member of the network.
The workshops will further develop the Vademecum that has been drafted from Lausanne tandem on the basis of its own experience. The proposed approach aims to make use of the experiences of all network members in the various fields and models of collaboration for which they have developed specific know-how.
In order for the outcome of the meeting to be concrete and useful, the objective is to release a EUniverCities handbook which can be used by all members of the network. This handbook will set out in a concrete and pragmatic way the result of eight years of active exchanges, made possible by the creation of the network.
Lausanne online meeting - Final Program
The first day of the meeting we will have a Welcoming Reception by Lausanne, with the kind participation of Nouria Hernandez, Rector of the University of Lausanne and Jean-Yves Pidoux, Vice-mayor of the City of Lausanne.
The following day we will start the ral work, with three parallel worshops adressing the topic: How city & university can address societal challenges.
Our cities and societies are confronted with many challenges, in a variety of fields such as sustainability, safety, food provision, demographic change etc. Increasingly, we see that universities position themselves as active partner to address/tackle such challenges. They develop all sorts of research, education and innovation programmes, together with the city and other external stakeholders. New types of partnerships emerge.
Such collaborations raise a lot of questions and challenges, such as:
-How to translate the societal challenges into education/research/innovation projects?
-What type of organisations must be developed to facilitate such city-university collaboration?
-How to finance this?
-How to make it sustainable?
-Which partners must be involved, and who does what?
-What are good results/outcomes from the perspective of the university and that of the city/other stakeholders?
and many more….
The workshops will explore this phenomenon more in depth, and it will be a basis for the handbook on city-university collaboration.
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 25/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1