Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
The Green Lemon coworking space, located at the Málaga TechPark, opens its doors this month to promote disruptive technologies and Málaga artificial intelligence (IA) is the first initiative being carried out in this new innovative building.
The Malaga City Council, through the National Digital Content Hub, and the School of Industrial Organization (EOI), in collaboration with Malaga TechPark, have launched a training and pre-incubation program for projects in artificial intelligence (AI). This initiative is co-financed by the European Social Fund and is part of the Technological Training and Employment Plan. Málaga IA will accelerate 20 projects dedicated to developing solutions in this technology. These will have individualized mentoring for each startup in which companies from the park itself will collaborate, launching challenges and leading events aimed at networking and attracting investors.
The University of Malaga (UMA) recently obtained the 'Entrepreneurial University' accreditation granted by The Accreditation Council for Entrepreneurial and Engaged Universities (ACEEU) (www.aceeu.org). ACEEU is the only global entity that evaluates and accredits the merits of academic institutions of higher level in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Rafael Ventura, Vice Chancellor for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship at UMA, explained that the process began in 2017 when ACCEU appointed an evaluation committee made up of 3 international experts to evaluate the UMA. This accreditation positions UMA as one of the top public universities in the Spanish university system. Now the UMA is part of a network of accredited universities that will generate opportunities for collaboration.
- 23/01/2023 - Lausanne announces Interact projects for 2023
- 17/01/2023 - Comon: Ghent's urban living lab
- 11/01/2023 - A student's experience of the EUniverCities meeting on sustainable urban development in Innsbruck
- 14/12/2022 - Exeter City consults the university community on its development plans
- 07/12/2022 - Researching and designing memory
- 23/11/2022 - City and university in tandem on the road to sustainability
- 18/11/2022 - Labour market changes and midlife workers in focus at West University of Timisoara
- 07/11/2022 - "Knowledge Bites": the research of the University of Parma meets the city
- 24/10/2022 - The University of Magdeburg becomes a "European University"
- 12/10/2022 - News from UMCS and the City of Lublin
- 03/10/2022 - Linköping University's "Pillow Project" recycling initiative is a hit
- 26/09/2022 - Lausanne, the first city in Switzerland to join the UNESCO network of learning cities
- 19/09/2022 - EUniverCities Innsbruck meeting: Tackling “Urban Sustainable Development”
- 12/09/2022 - Looking at our city through different eyes: students working with the city of Ghent
- 07/09/2022 - Engaging with local communities: University of Exeter establishes a new Community Panel
- 25/07/2022 - University of Málaga runs a new vocational course for students with special needs
- 18/07/2022 - West University of Timisoara kicks off a new project
- 13/07/2022 - The University of Málaga loans the City of Málaga a building for the Philharmonic Orchestra
- 04/07/2022 - Parma in the Mission 100 climate-neutral and smart cities
- 29/06/2022 - Staying on in Magdeburg after graduation
- 17/06/2022 - The EUniverCities Network meets in Exeter to discuss collaborative approaches to arts and culture
- 06/06/2022 - CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
- 25/05/2022 - UMCS Lublin takes action to help Ukrainian refugees – and other updates from Lublin
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur