Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
From Ghent, we present the Green Seeds Ghent, a team of Artevelde university of applied sciences students who want to contribute to the creation of greenery and biodiversity in the city of Ghent. They focus on people who have a small outdoor space such as a balcony, terrace, etc. They offer people in this situation tailor-made and accessible starter kits that allow them to immediately start growing plants without any prior knowledge. They have selected native plant species for their kits to support local biodiversity.
They want to cooperate with local companies and initiatives. Such partnerships allow us to keep our production within the local economy.
More info about the idea in this film (1min)
Green Seeds Ghent finds its origins in 3ID LABS. As an international semester (30 ECTS), students learn how to manage themselves and how to work effective and efficient in super diverse teams whilst tackling a social or environmental challenge using a Human-centered approach. The main goals are to deliver competent new professionals, with T-shaped skills who are skilled in working in self- directed teams. 3ID LABS is a full-time educational module of 30 ECTS credits as a part of formal education. It’s available for all BA, MA, PhD degree students who followed at least 100 ECTS credits. 3ID LABS can be part of a curriculum or can be followed on top of it. The students will be trained in an open learning environment (24/7 access), developing tailored solutions for these real life-wicked challenges. Intellectual property rights are for the students. 3ID LABS is based on an interdisciplinary, international, and intergenerational approach (3I’s) and is a pre-incubator where students start from 'wicked' real-life challenges and work towards a concrete solution. The cases we work on are suggested by organisations outside the university and are related to the global goals for sustainable development. The city of Ghent in a key partner for us. They provide wicked challenges for our students. We are constructing an open learning context together with the city of Ghent. This makes 3ID LABS more transdisciplinary by connecting non-academic partners with learners and experts. Some teams will end up with a new business just like Green Seeds Ghent.
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 19/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1