Labour market changes and midlife workers in focus at West University of Timisoara
The conference “Midlife Workers in a Changing Labour Market” has recently taken place at the West University of Timisoara. The event was a part of the European Mid-Life Skills Review (EMLSR) project and aimed to disseminate the main results of the project to a broad audience. It was organised by the local EMLSR project team in partnership with the Department of Sociology of the West University of Timisoara.
The European Mid-Life Skills Review is implemented by the Trade Union Congress (UK) in partnership with West University of Timisoara (RO), Prospektiker Instituto Europeo de Prospectiva Y Estrategia SA and Servicio Vasco de Empleo (ES), the University of Exeter, National Learning and Work Institute, and Saffron (UK), Työväen Sivistysliitto (FI), and Universita' degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca (IT).
The project focuses on hard-to-reach and disadvantaged older workers whose jobs are at risk from automation and AI. The central output of the project is an online tool (Value My Skill) designed to help older workers to retrain and upskill for new roles and jobs so that they can remain active within the labour market.
During the conference, the local EMLSR project team presented the “Value My Skill” tool to the participants. In addition, Adrian Onica (Head of Labor Market Analysis and Relations with Employers Department, Timis County Employment Agency), Felix Toma (International Sales Director, Global Sales HQ Gi Group Holding), and Daniel Grebeldinger (Executive Director, Nevo Parudimos Association) shared insights about the current situation on the local and regional labour market.
More details about the project can be found here: https://www.unionlearn.org.uk/european-mid-life-skills-review-project
- 23/11/2022 - City and university in tandem on the road to sustainability
- 18/11/2022 - Labour market changes and midlife workers in focus at West University of Timisoara
- 07/11/2022 - "Knowledge Bites": the research of the University of Parma meets the city
- 24/10/2022 - The University of Magdeburg becomes a "European University"
- 12/10/2022 - News from UMCS and the City of Lublin
- 03/10/2022 - Linköping University's "Pillow Project" recycling initiative is a hit
- 26/09/2022 - Lausanne, the first city in Switzerland to join the UNESCO network of learning cities
- 19/09/2022 - EUniverCities Innsbruck meeting: Tackling “Urban Sustainable Development”
- 12/09/2022 - Looking at our city through different eyes: students working with the city of Ghent
- 07/09/2022 - Engaging with local communities: University of Exeter establishes a new Community Panel
- 25/07/2022 - University of Málaga runs a new vocational course for students with special needs
- 18/07/2022 - West University of Timisoara kicks off a new project
- 13/07/2022 - The University of Málaga loans the City of Málaga a building for the Philharmonic Orchestra
- 04/07/2022 - Parma in the Mission 100 climate-neutral and smart cities
- 29/06/2022 - Staying on in Magdeburg after graduation
- 17/06/2022 - The EUniverCities Network meets in Exeter to discuss collaborative approaches to arts and culture
- 06/06/2022 - CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
- 25/05/2022 - UMCS Lublin takes action to help Ukrainian refugees – and other updates from Lublin
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!