Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
Lublin is the first Polish city to be granted the European Youth Capital title. The international jury decided that Lublin created the most interesting programme of activities in Europe with its unique energy and inspiring ideas of young people. The number of planned events and the value of allocated funds manifest the scale of the project.
"We have every reason to celebrate. Lublin is the European Youth Capital 2023. Owing to the efforts and commitment of many, we will implement a varied programme, full of activities that will make young people’s dreams, passions and aspirations come true. We wish young people had a strong impact on creating and developing various application components for the benefit of the entire community. Lublin calls for further, coherent and interdisciplinary projects for young people. I would like to thank everyone who was involved in the process that brought Lublin to the Grand Finale! Congratulations to Romanian Baia Mare for coming second. We hope that we will work again on many youth projects in the future. Lublin – European Youth Capital 2023. Let’s get started! - says Krzysztof Żuk, Mayor of Lublin".
Other cities that participated in the competition were Baia Mare (Romania), Izmir (Turkey), Kazan (Russia), Lublin (Poland), Poznań (Poland) and Lviv (Ukraine). In March 2020, Baia Mare (Romania), Kazan (Russia) and Lublin remained listed.
"Our application resulted from a joint effort, meetings, brainstorming ideas by many representatives of Lublin's NGOs, Youth City Council, students, informal youth groups, and City Hall employees. All the ideas were consulted with the community cooperating with youth organisations. While applying for the EYC title, we noticed how the process itself introduced positive changes and offered new opportunities, encouraged active participation, promoted volunteering, supported the diversity and integration, strengthened youth organisations and brought young people together. Thank you all for this productive and creative time. Especially to Fundacja Sempre a Frente - Creators - Mateusz Małyska and Aleksandra Kulik with a team of extraordinary people - says Beata Stepaniuk-Kuśmierzak, Deputy Mayor of Lublin for Culture, Sport and Participation".
The Lublin application focuses on three concepts: City for Youth, Youth for the City and Youth and the City.
The European Youth Capital is a title awarded by the European Youth Forum for a period of one year. It is designed to empower young people, boost youth participation and strengthen European identity through projects focused on youth-related cultural, social, political and economic life and development.
Every year, a new European city is given the chance to showcase its innovative ideas, projects and activities that aim to raise up young voices and bring a new youth perspective to all aspects of city.
More information on the European Youth Capital 2023 title can be found on lublin.eu on the Facebook profile www.facebook.com/Lublin.EYC2023 , that was created together with the Lublin Youth City Council and the Children and Youth Team.
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 19/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1