Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
Everyone can learn sustainable behaviour - this is the basic idea behind the concept of Education for Sustainable Development, or ESD for short. Magdeburg is using ESD to shape the future of Magdeburg's citizens in a sustainable way. The city was selected as a model municipality for Education for Sustainable Development and will integrate the topic firmly into the local educational system over the next three years.
"Magdeburg should continue to meet the needs of its inhabitants in the coming decades. Sustainability is the declared goal that we can only achieve together. Through ESD, all people in Magdeburg can acquire knowledge and skills for sustainable action," explains Magdeburg's Lord Mayor Dr. Lutz Trümper. "We are looking forward to working with the ESD Competence Centre to tackle the targeted orientation of our educational system towards these burning issues of the future."
The link to anchoring ESD is the municipal education management, which has been coordinating the development of a needs-based education landscape since 2019. With its municipal education management, Magdeburg is working towards the goal of strengthening educational equity and participation. In addition to education monitoring, the focus is on moderating the exchange between and with actors in the education sector in order to link knowledge and create solid concepts. The topics of digitalisation, STEM and gender-sensitive education are particularly on the agenda. Now the subject area of ESD has been added.
For years, the state capital of Magdeburg has been a strong advocate for climate protection. Connecting ESD with existing strategies in this area is therefore just as much a goal as anchoring ESD in the city's educational mission statement. In addition, cooperation within the administration is to be expanded and networking promoted. Non-city partners such as universities and research institutions will also be involved, as will clubs and associations.
- 29/06/2022 - Staying on in Magdeburg after graduation
- 17/06/2022 - The EUniverCities Network meets in Exeter to discuss collaborative approaches to arts and culture
- 06/06/2022 - CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
- 25/05/2022 - UMCS Lublin takes action to help Ukrainian refugees – and other updates from Lublin
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality