News from Lublin
Lublin Development Strategy 2030
The Lublin Development Strategy for the years 2022-2030 was adopted on 27 January 2022 at the Lublin City Council. This document leads the way for the development of Lublin in the next decade.
The Lublin 2030 Strategy is the result of a complex participatory process, with city-dwellers as the co-authors of the development vision and concept, said Krzysztof Żuk, Mayor of Lublin. Work on the Lublin 2030 Strategy lasted 3 years, and included about 15,000 respondents at all stages and levels – residents, experts, as well as a number of organisations and institutions. Over the course of several hundred open thematic meetings, debates, discussions, workshops, a process of quantitative and qualitative research and during two-stage social consultations, together formed a vision of Lublin 2030.
The Strategy document focuses on five fundamental sections and areas, explains Mariusz Sagan, Head of Strategy and Entrepreneurship Department.
Lublin 2030 is to be:
- creative, academic and entrepreneurial
- green and sustainable in terms of urban planning
- open, multigenerational and socially engaged
- creative, open and hospitable
For each of these areas, there are specific objectives and goals to be accomplished.The finalized document will shortly be issued in a printed version in three languages - Polish, English and Russian.
The Lublin 2030 Strategy was created within the EU project “Let's invent Lublin together: we participate in the creation of an intelligent Lublin 2030 Strategy” as part of the grant competition “Human Smart Cities: smart cities co-created by residents” organised by the Ministry of Funds and Regional Policy. The project is co-financed by the European Union under the Cohesion Fund - Operational Programme Technical Assistance 2014-2020 and from the national budget.
The document is available on the Lublin.eu website.
In other news from Lublin:
First Sitting of the Lublin Students’ Council
On 1 December 2021, the Lublin Students Council had its first sitting. Lublin student representatives will support the local government, among other things, in creating a positive image of Lublin as a great place to study. Their tasks will also include undertaking activities aimed at strengthening various academic areas.
The Council consists of 26 members, representing three student organisations (AIESEC, ELSA and IFMSA) and nine universities in Lublin: Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Lublin University of Technology, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Medical University of Lublin, University of Entrepreneurship and Administration, the University of Economics and Innovation, the Wincenty Pol Academy of Applied Sciences in Lublin and the University of Social Sciences in Lublin.
A student from Lublin wins the prestigious international competition "When Sound Creates Image"
We are pleased to announce that the film by Witold Malczyński, a student of the 5th Maria Skłodowska-Curie High School in Lublin, won the First Prize at the international competition - "Grand Prix" of the UNESCO Week of Sound International Competition: When Sound Creates Image!
As part of the competition, students from all over the world were encouraged to create a short film that composed of innovative images, guided and inspired by its evocative power.
Witold Malczyński's success is even greater as he became the first laureate of the "Grand Prix" from Poland (Eastern Europe). The award was presented during a ceremonial gala on January 21 in Paris, this year. The gala in Paris was held with the financial support of the City of Lublin.
“Everyone should have an equal opportunity to start a business.”
This is the main motto of the Startup Preschool that will take place in Lublin on 18-20 March. The event is organised by the City of Lublin, EPI - European Pact for Integration Startup Migrants, and Lubelski Park Naukowo-Technologiczny SA.
The Preschool is a 3-day intensive course in entrepreneurship. Participants learn to develop their ideas into a business plan and get help to realize these. The final product of the event will be a pitch deck. The workshops will be combined with speeches by business founders, accounting advisers, and representatives of startup incubators.
Date: 18-20 March 2022
Place: Lublin Science and Technology Park
The event will be held in English!
Enrollment to the startup school opened in mid January:
More information at: https://www.forskole.no/en/event/startup-preschool-lublin-poland-18-20-march/
Lublin Erasmus+ HUB
On 21 December 2021 the Minister of Education and Science, Przemysław Czarnek, participated in the official opening of Lublin Erasmus+ HUB. It is a center for youth projects, which will be based at the Collegium Iuridicum of the Catholic University of Lublin.
Lublin’s Erasmus+ HUB is the first Polish cross-sectoral innovation center that integrates the potential of Lublin universities, schools, vocational training centers, and entrepreneurs for the purpose of building the education system and shaping professional competences.
The Centre will be a place for information meetings, lectures presenting good practices and project results, with particular emphasis on projects related to youth. In addition, the HUB will participate in the events prepared for the European Youth Capital 2023 in Lublin, and will influence the region and neighboring provinces. The Catholic University of Lublin is the first university in Poland where the Erasmus+ Hub Youth Project Centre was established.
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.