Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
The next online meeting of the Network will be held in Timisoara on 3 and 4 June 2021.
The topic of this workshop will be: Using University research to support the local government decision-making process
The added value brought by universities to the local communities is largely accepted. Nowadays, in addition to their educational role, the research and innovation potential of universities has become crucial for the local and regional development. Academic research is of vital importance in providing stakeholders up-to-date information to deal with the current challenges and socio-economic disturbing factors (such as new technologies, digitalisation, artificial intelligence, demographic changes and now the current pandemic crisis). Thus, it is extremely important to capitalize on research expertise and capacity of academics to provide valuable diagnoses and forecasts in the most diverse fields, thereby contributing to increasing the quality of the decision-making process.
As such, West University of Timisoara and the City of Timisoara invite the Network to a debate about the role of Universities in supporting the local government decision making process.
The West University of Timisoara has a long experience in working with the local administration, actively participating in major socio-economic projects, developing strategic partnerships, and working closely with economic, social, and administrative actors in the region. It supports decision-makers providing them insights from regularly surveys (quality of public transportation, environment, infrastructure etc.), labour market trend analysis (sectoral development and smart specialisations), expertise for various cultural projects (Timisoara Capital of Culture, including expertise for setting up the local and regional cultural development strategy), urban governance (suburbanization and metropolitan development of the city). Students also bring their contributions being encouraged to explore within their research activities (dissertations) problems of interest for local decision makers.
DAY 1 - Online Welcome Reception
17.00 – 18.30 (CET)
Thursday June 3, 2021
DAY 2 - Online Workshop
Using University research to support the local government decision-making process
11.00 – 13.00 (CET)
Friday June 4, 2021
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 19/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1