Some UPDATES from Lublin!
On 18th-24th September 2021, the 17th Lublin Science Festival will take place in Lublin under the slogan "Science without borders. Enjoy science! ”.
It is one of the largest science events in the country aimed at disseminating and popularizing science by presenting interesting and diverse research projects in lectures, workshops, demonstrations in laboratories and outdoors, exhibitions, performances, competitions or field games dedicated to people of all ages. All this makes the Lublin Science Festival a unique opportunity to show the extremely inspiring world of science to a wide audience and an effective promotional tool for organizers and sponsors. The event is attended by the largest and most important educational institutions in the Lublin region. Cooperation of institutions involved in preparing the festival results, inter alia, the fact that their number is constantly increasing year by year.
The Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin, as the main organizer and coordinator of this year's edition of the Lublin Science Festival. Is planning to implement a breakthrough program in the history of the festival, which includes, among others: the Lublin Science Festival Picnic, during which an attempt will be made to break the Guinness World Record for the world's largest polymer, meetings with Nobel laureates from the series "Science Without Borders" emphasizing the role of science in human life, events and competitions popularizing science and research, including the show of fountains in Litewski Square in Lublin under the name "Symphony of Science" and the international symposium "International Students and Young Scientists Workshop & Learning Days ”for students and young scientists.
The event was co-financed by the "Social Responsibility of Science" program of the Minister of Education and Science.
Lublin Science Festival is the largest cyclical event popularizing science in the Lublin region and is among the top three largest science festivals in Poland. So far, sixteen editions of the Lublin Science Festival have been held in Lublin, in which in total, almost 13,650 projects were submitted and presented, with the vast majority being repeated many times - record-breaking even 16 times.
Last year, due to the difficult socio-economic situation of the country caused by the COVID-19 epidemic, instead of the planned 17th edition of the LFN, Lublin Virtual Science Days were organized, which took place online at the Lublin University of Inspiration on 22nd-24th September 2020. During the Lublin Virtual Science Days, the systems recorded 15,000 unique users on the Lublin University of Inspiration website. Thanks to effective promotional activities and cooperation with EUSEA, the projects were seen by several hundred users from over 10 European countries, incl. Belgium, Belarus, Croatia, Ukraine, Russia and Great Britain. The online event was also attended by participants from another continent, namely the United States. By organizing Lublin Virtual Science Days, public universities and the City of Lublin have proved that together they can meet the difficult challenges posed by the modern world, and thanks to excellent cooperation and commitment of the organizers, implementation of the mission of Lubelski Science Festival took on a new, previously unknown dimension.
Lublin Science Festival has permanently entered the calendar of scientific and cultural events in Lublin, which combine the promotion of science with the social and economic development of the region, showing the relationship between science and everyday life and development opportunities for the region's economy with appropriate use of the innovative potential of individual fields of science and technology by entities economic. Thanks to this initiative, we can jointly strengthen the intellectual and socio-economic potential in the Lublin region.
Have any ideas how to influence the academic development of Lublin but can’t afford to realize them?
Take part in the pilot edition of the Academic Initiative Support Program and show how crucial the implementation of your ideas is!
The applications for support in the pilot edition of the Program will be accepted until June 30, 2021.
Academic Initiative Support Program is arranged by Lublin Municipal Office The aim of the Program is to present Lublin as an academic and scientific city. Another aim is the promotion of the achievements of outstanding students and doctoral students and the encouragement in the implementation of academic cultural and scientific initiatives.
Portal opening linking Lublin and Vilnius inhabitants
The City of Lublin, in cooperation with the City of Vilnius, the Lithuanian Benediktas Gylys Foundation and the Centre of Intercultural Creative Initiatives “Crossroads” opens in new tab carry out an international project called Portal.
The concrete construction is located at Litewski Square in Lublin. The Lublin-Vilnius portal was officially opened on May 26, 2021.
The main component of the initiative is a concrete object resembling a virtual door and will be present in the public space until August. Using cameras and a large round screen, the installation will transmit the image between Lublin and Vilnius through an internet connection.
Portal is a ticket to travel in time, to the city of the future. Due to the new technologies usage, we will create a visual bridge and enable residents to experience a unique feeling, called the “overview effect”. An experience known so far only to astronauts who experience watching the Earth from outer space causes a radical change in self-awareness and gives a sense of community.
The project, which integrates and awakens the awareness of unity, will allow mutual observation, and establish contact in real-time. It will bring cities together, encourage to meet new people and cultures, and will be a place for dialogue bringing us closer. The main idea of the project is to create a communication platform for passers-by, but also institutions and organisations. PORTAL creates the opportunity to show Lublin’s projects in the Lithuanian capital, and interactive activities on both sides.
You are more than welcome to take a look!
Lublin on first place in the ranking of green cities!
🌳Lublin took first place in the Europolis report - green cities. On this occasion, we have prepared for you a list of urban green spaces where you can walk, relax, explore the area by bike, spend time with friends and simply relax! You a re very welcome to visit Lublin. Check all the events here Events & Festivals / Lublin City Office
⛳️The Saxon Garden
The oldest English-style park in Lublin is a favorite place for walks and photography. There are many small architectural objects in the Saski Garden: an aviary for peacocks, a new fountain, and a sundial.
Address: Al. Racławickie 14
⛳️ Park Ludowy
It is a park full of attractions for people, who like active leisure, modern infrastructure, and innovative architectural solutions.
Address: al. Józef Piłsudski
⛳️UMCS Botanical Garden
The Lublin Garden is a frequently visited tourist spot and a permanent point of natural excursions. The historic building on the site - Dworek Kościuszków is also open to visitors.
Opening hours: Monday - Sunday 10:00 - 20:00.
Address: ul. Willowa (between 58 and 60)
⛳️The Lublin Village Museum
On the territory of the open-air museum, there are monuments of wooden and brick architecture and ethnographic collections from the area of the former Lublin Province, entered into the State Museum Register.
Opening hours: all days of the week from 9.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.
Address: al. Warszawska 96
⛳️John Paul II Park
It covers an area of over 22 ha. There are bicycle paths, playgrounds, a climbing wall, playing fields, tennis courts, and a mini-amphitheater, which is a place for dance classes and performances organized by the local community.
Address: ul. Emerald 40
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 13/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born