Two new initiatives from Lublin!
Digital technologies for e-health services respecting fundamental rights- REINITIALISE project at UMCS
Maria Curie-Sklodowska University in Lublin is pleased to announce that the project entitled Reinitialise: "Preserving fundamental rights in the use of digital technologies for e-health services" is officially launched. The three-year project financed under the Horizon 2020 programme for the very first time is coordinated by UMCS.
It aims to step up and stimulate scientific excellence and increase capacity for the design and use of digital technologies in the sector of health, in order to integrate the potential
of technology with the awareness of its ethical, legal and socio-economic dimension.
New digital technologies have the potential to significantly transform society, but they are not an end in themselves, but rather a promising means to bring progress and innovation. To do this, they need to be human-centric, taking into account several legal, socio-economic and ethical issues from the design phase. For this reason, Reinitialise builds on an highly interdisciplinary approach, by integrating technological aspects, with health aspects related to active ageing, nutrition and dietetics, with Ethical principle and legal regulations, and economic and social studies.
Maria Curie-Skłodowska University is engaged in an interdisciplinary transfer of knowledge process with three European leading institutions (KU Leuven in Belgium, University of Macerata and Eurocentro Srl in Italy) and the continuous involvement of local stakeholders, with the ultimate goal of creating synergies between research excellence and business and public sectors, that can lead to innovation and socio-economic territorial development in the health sector.
The Partnership is strongly supported by an Innovation Board. The Board is composed of representatives of stakeholders from the region of Lubelskie: Lublin Medicine Cluster and Business Ecosystem Office of the City of Lublin, Marshal Office of the Lubelskie Voivodeship in Lublin, Association Senior Consumers/Users, Lublin Branch and Netrix Group. The role of the Innovation Board is to highlight, with regard to the research topic addressed by the project, the needs and expectations of businesses, public authorities and users and to give suggestions and inputs useful for an actual transfer of research results into territorial socio-economic development.
The project sets up staff exchanges for senior and early stage researchers, academic symposiums, job shadowing and cross-functional mentoring.
So far several events were organized in the project. The first Project Meeting (held at the end of January) was preceded by an "Interdisciplinary booster session" during which our partners from KU Leuven shared their experiences how to conduct interdisciplinary research. Then, at the end of February first Academic Symposium in the field of methodology of interdisciplinary research and its implementation in Reinitialise project took place. Soon we are planning next scientific symposiums as well as mobilities of Experienced and Early Stage Researchers among partners’ institutions.
We invite you to check out our website, where you can find updated information about the project’s implementation: www.reinitialise.eu
Bioteka - an innovative „green” library in Lublin
The newly open "green" library – Bioteka ("libiorary") - is marked by skillfully combined modernity with natural materials and greenery, rich book and multimedia collections, as well as an excellent venue in the very city centre.
Not only does the Municipal Public Library make its collections available, but also it conducts cultural and educational activities, organises vernissages and exhibitions, lectures, questions and answer meetings, library lessons, competitions, art classes and other forms (computer classes, reading aloud classes theatre classes, multimedia presentations, board and fictional games clubs, film screenings).
The Municipal Public Library operates 40 branches located throughout the city. The city of Lublin is constantly expanding the library network as part of its strategy. The main aim is to improve the life quality of the residents in districts and make access to culture available to all residents. All in-library services operate in accordance with the adopted guidelines and restrictions during the pandemic times. More information at www.mbp.lublin.plopens in new tab.
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 26/07/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1