The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
The University of Exeter is developing a brand-new ‘Community Partnership Hub’, which aims to support closer connections between the University and public and voluntary sector organisations (charities, community organisations and social enterprises).
Students and academics at the University already engage closely with charities and other voluntary organisations, but our research shows that at present these connections can be quite ad hoc, and that it is difficult for voluntary organisations to know where to begin, or who to contact, if they want to engage with the University. The idea of the Community Partnership Hub is to provide a single point of contact for such organisations to approach the University with queries, requests for support or collaboration, project ideas and so on. The Hub will then connect the organisation with the right people, and work to support relationships in the longer term.
In practice, this might mean helping organisations to advertise opportunities for volunteering, internships or placements to students, or connecting them with academics who can provide relevant research expertise, which can be used to help organisational or programme development, inform policy making, support funding applications and develop join projects.
The Community Partnership Hub is based on the principle of mutual benefit, with each partner contributing and gaining something from the collaboration. It also aims to support the University’s Civic University Agreements and the three strategic goals outlined in the University’s Strategy 2030:
· Lead meaningful action against the climate emergency and ecological crisis.
· Make key breakthroughs to transform human health and wellbeing.
· Lead progress towards creating a fair, socially just and inclusive society.
The Community Partnership Hub is preparing for a launch over the summer of 2022. We would love to hear from EUniverCities partners who have set up similar initiatives, or would like to know more about our plans - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 23/11/2022 - City and university in tandem on the road to sustainability
- 18/11/2022 - Labour market changes and midlife workers in focus at West University of Timisoara
- 07/11/2022 - "Knowledge Bites": the research of the University of Parma meets the city
- 24/10/2022 - The University of Magdeburg becomes a "European University"
- 12/10/2022 - News from UMCS and the City of Lublin
- 03/10/2022 - Linköping University's "Pillow Project" recycling initiative is a hit
- 26/09/2022 - Lausanne, the first city in Switzerland to join the UNESCO network of learning cities
- 19/09/2022 - EUniverCities Innsbruck meeting: Tackling “Urban Sustainable Development”
- 12/09/2022 - Looking at our city through different eyes: students working with the city of Ghent
- 07/09/2022 - Engaging with local communities: University of Exeter establishes a new Community Panel
- 25/07/2022 - University of Málaga runs a new vocational course for students with special needs
- 18/07/2022 - West University of Timisoara kicks off a new project
- 13/07/2022 - The University of Málaga loans the City of Málaga a building for the Philharmonic Orchestra
- 04/07/2022 - Parma in the Mission 100 climate-neutral and smart cities
- 29/06/2022 - Staying on in Magdeburg after graduation
- 17/06/2022 - The EUniverCities Network meets in Exeter to discuss collaborative approaches to arts and culture
- 06/06/2022 - CaST project publishes a new volume on Engaged Learning
- 25/05/2022 - UMCS Lublin takes action to help Ukrainian refugees – and other updates from Lublin
- 16/05/2022 - Innsbruck supports partner university in Ukraine
- 04/05/2022 - Students at the Comon Make-a-Ton in Ghent come up with innovative healthcare solutions
- 19/04/2022 - The University of Exeter prepares for the launch of a new Community Partnership Hub
- 07/04/2022 - Research for the development of the last mile by public transport in Magdeburg
- 31/03/2022 - University students come up with a game to bring tourism to Málaga’s districts
- 24/03/2022 - The City and University of Málaga work together to excavate the “Cerro del Villar”
- 17/03/2022 - Timisoara and Lublin mobilise to support Ukrainian refugees
- 10/03/2022 - MagdeMINT: Technology and Natural Sciences for Young People
- 03/03/2022 - A student perspective on the EUniverCities meeting in Parma
- 17/02/2022 - Linköping University students coach upper secondary students in Swedish
- 10/02/2022 - Lausanne city and university work together on “Gender and the City”
- 03/02/2022 - News from Lublin
- 01/02/2022 - Innsbruck kicks off new “House of Physics”
- 28/12/2021 - EUniverCities Network Meeting in Parma
- 28/12/2021 - The report of 3 years of Secretariat managed by Parma
- 23/12/2021 - A handbook on strategic city-university partnerships at European scale
- 11/12/2021 - West University of Timisoara – International Conference on Universities Responses to Digitalisation
- 28/11/2021 - Spaces for studying, Parma Città Universitaria and city associations for university students
- 21/11/2021 - The final program of the EUniverCities Meeting in Parma
- 19/11/2021 - University of Malaga and the Malaga City Council sign a new agreement
- 09/11/2021 - From Magdeburg: Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences signs the Global Climate Letter
- 27/10/2021 - Visualisation Center C at Campus Norrköping awarded at international film festival
- 19/10/2021 - New updates from Lublin!
- 13/10/2021 - From Lausanne: “Sauvageons en ville” - Discovering nature in the city in surprising places, questioning the links we have with it and experimenting with ways to make the city wilder.
- 04/10/2021 - Next EUniverCities meeting in Parma: 1-3 December
- 30/09/2021 - Aurora Talks: Perspectives for Europe! Universität Innsbruck in conversation with Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn
- 28/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!