WUT2023 for TM2023
West University of Timișoara (WUT) is well-known for its contribution to the project of “European Capital of Culture – Timișoara 2023”.
Together with the local administration, West University of Timisoara is actively involved in supporting multiple projects connected to the Timisoara Cultural Program. Some of them already have a long history and a clearly defined individual identity, such as:
- The annual exhibition of selected works by BA and MA graduates of the Faculty of Arts and Design.
- The Interfoto Biennial – an international photography exhibition that has already reached its seventh edition.
- The Interdesign Biennial – Interfoto’s pair event, which has the same structure but focuses on aspects of design: ambience, graphics, jewellery, eco, etc.
- ART A.I. International Event – focuses on the blending of artificial intelligence tools and human creativity.
- The FISART Street Art Festival – organized in partnership with the Enduromania Association. It is the biggest such festival in Romania and takes place on the streets of Timișoara and its neighbouring towns.
- PUBLIC – ART Artistic interventions in public spaces – parks, train stations, the airport, open markets, urban microzones.
- Artist Talk – a series of conferences held by renowned artists and open to the public.
- The International Triennial of Students from Art Institutes – an international network of young talents.
- Art products relating to visual culture – an editorial plan that facilitates the capturing of culture in memory and archives.
Since 2020, WUT organise a series of cultural events under the umbrella concept of “At WUT, Culture is Capital!”
Within this project, recently, WUT hosted an open conference focused on “The Integration of the Cultural Resources of the West University of Timișoara – Horizon 2023”. The participants discussed the main cultural events proposed by WUT, which could become a masterplan for the university participation in the 2023 Timisoara Capital of Culture and the contribution of the academic community to the “Timișoara 2023” cultural year.
Professor Marilen Gabriel Pirtea, PhD, the Rector of the West University of Timișoara, emphasized at the end of the conference:
“The specific projects of this cultural masterplan proposed and supported by the West University of Timișoara are real connection bridges, axes long which the functional partnership between our university and the local administration can develop. We are proposing a ‘WUT2023 for Timișoara2023’ programme.
WUT is a rich source of talents, as proved by its exceptional artists, researchers and experts in culture, many of whom are here today for this debate. The university is also present on the cultural stage through many other graduates, well-known names such as Daniel Vighi, Ileana Pintilie, Radu Pavel Gheo, Brîndușa Armanca, Șerban Foarță, Adrian Bodnaru, Sorina Jecza, Smaranda Vultur, Corneliu Ungureanu, Gabriel Malancioiu, Camelia Mingasson, Dorian Branea, or Marius Lazurca, to mention just a few. The WUT cultural family has sprawled through the entire local community, the entire country and throughout the world, and 2023, the year when Timișoara becomes the European Capital of Culture, brings us together and motivates us to offer the public a series of events and performances that can meet expectations.”
- 18/09/2021 - Exeter in new £7m consortium to boost nature’s impact on health inequalities
- 18/09/2021 - The Company by Gentrepreneur
- 06/09/2021 - West University of Timișoara launches a new Artificial Intelligence HUB: “Timișoara Research in Artificial Intelligence Network (TRAIN)”
- 26/07/2021 - Parma University City: here are the results of the research conducted by the University on students
- 21/07/2021 - Some updates from Malaga: an artificial intelligence (AI) initiative and an "Entrepreneurial University"
- 18/07/2021 - Innsbruck reads – again!
- 13/07/2021 - Magdeburg backs Education for Sustainable Development
- 05/07/2021 - Some UPDATES from Lublin!
- 28/06/2021 - Career support programme offers an opportunity for an ever-growing Swedish job-market
- 22/06/2021 - #EUniverCitiesTalks #3
- 19/06/2021 - Award « Prix de la Ville de Lausanne » 2021
- 15/06/2021 - Coordination, Response and Networked Resilience (CORNER) in Trondheim
- 03/06/2021 - Ghent Hub helps education to tackle social inequality in learning
- 31/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – final program
- 28/05/2021 - #sciencematters - 15th LONG NIGHT OF SCIENCE MAGDEBURG DIGITAL streams 18 hours of live program on three channels
- 27/05/2021 - The University of Exeter extends its business support to the whole region
- 25/05/2021 - WUT2023 for TM2023
- 10/05/2021 - Online Meeting of Timisoara – first draft program
- 08/05/2021 - Malaga: 1st. University campus to face depopulation in rural areas
- 03/05/2021 - Ambassadors of Legality
- 26/04/2021 - SCHAUWERK
- 12/04/2021 - Two new initiatives from Lublin!
- 06/04/2021 - Störningsfri stad - Visualized construction traffic planning for a city development without interference of construction traffic
- 25/03/2021 - Pilot test of pedestrian cameras (bodycam) in the canton of Vaud and in the city of Lausanne.
- 21/03/2021 - Innsbruck as a European Universities hub
- 17/03/2021 - Lublin wins the European Youth Capital 2023 title!
- 11/03/2021 - Green Seeds Ghent – a 3ID-LABS project of Artevelde University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with the City of Ghent
- 05/03/2021 - 3 News stories from Exeter
- 28/02/2021 - Aveiro’s Environment Use Case
- 22/02/2021 - 3rd Lausanne online meeting: Student involvement in city-university collaboration: from ad hoc to a structural approach.
- 21/02/2021 - Culture and European Peace at the center of collaboration between University and City in Parma
- 08/02/2021 - The West University of Timișoara – a landmark of cultural development in the Banat region
- 03/02/2021 - 2020 - One year online with the EUniverCities Network
- 27/01/2021 - Digital Content Hub: a successful example of collaboration by the City of Malaga and the University of Malaga´s Network of Strategic Chairs
- 25/01/2021 - 2nd Lausanne online meeting: Strategic City - University collaborations: how to make them work?
- 12/01/2021 - Greater Magdeburg becomes a model region for intelligent mobility
- 11/01/2021 - City and University of Lausanne together for climate and sustainability
- 27/12/2020 - Lublin: prestigious recognitions for the City and the University
- 22/12/2020 - Autonomous drone flight between Linköping and Norrköping in 2022
- 21/12/2020 - Innsbruck: Emperor-Maximilian-Prize unites
- 09/12/2020 - City of Ghent supports European University Network ENLIGHT coordinated by Ghent University
- 30/11/2020 - City and University of Exeter join forces in multiple projects, with many EUniverCities partners too!
- 23/11/2020 - Aveiro: Municipality and University Empowering Steam Education
- 18/11/2020 - Parma: Municipality, University and students united for non-resident university students
- 17/11/2020 - Lausanne online meeting 17-18 November - Final Program
- 30/10/2020 - The new EUniverCities network website is born
- 12/10/2020 - Lausanne meeting 17-18 November – ONLINE!
- 08/10/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 2
- 30/09/2020 - #EUniverCitiesTalks - N. 1